I call it “Fuel for the Fire” – we put healthy food into our bodies in order to effectively exercise and live life to the fullest. Although we have conversed with many nutritionists over the years, both certified and otherwise, we learn everywhere (for example, a session at the World Parkinson Congress).
First, start slow and set dates to go to the next phase or go cold turkey (my decision).
Second, just keep moving forward and, even if you backtrack, just move forward from there.
Here is the “Substitutions” or “Replacements” as opposed to “Eliminations” “Lifestyle”: as opposed to “Diet”:
- Lots of Pure Spring Water instead of soda, diet soda, sports drinks, sugary drinks, nearly everything else.
- Always have Pre-made healthy food with you instead of going to fast food places due to lack of planning.
- Almond milk and high quality Vitamin D capsules instead of dairy milk.
- Baked instead of fried (NO FRIED FOOD).
- Eat more greens, organic vegetables, beans, nuts, & legumes.
This is a good start, but there is so much more to say.
I have also substituted Soy protein and seafood (plus high quality Omega3 capsules) for Animal protein. This takes tremendous self-discipline until you have watched enough documentaries on the way animals are treated and what meat does to your digestive system.
Finally, everyone has to cut back on sugar and its associated highs and lows. Again, watch documentaries on what happens in your body.
This is a great start.